Tales of Maj’Eyal is a roguelike RPG, featuring tactical turn-based combat and advanced character building. You play as one of the many unique races and classes in the lore-filled world of Eyal, exploring random dungeons, facing challenging battles, and developing characters with your own tailored mix of abilities and powers.
* Focus on randomly generated tactical battles
* Rich set of very unique classes
* Unlocks & achievements progression
* Rich world with its own history which slowly reveal during the game
* No consumables, no grinding
* Turn based: think before you act!
* Simple, easy to use interface
* Easy modding support with Workshop integration
In addition to the base Tales of Maj’Eyal game, two additional DLC have been released that include hours of new gameplay and a ton of new content.
Tales of Maj’Eyal: Embers of Rage
* A whole new campaign from level 1 to 50, one year after the events of the original Tales of Maj’Eyal campaign. Liberate the Orcs (or die trying) by rising up against the Sunwall, the Steam Giants of Atmos, and other dangers that may lie in wait…
* Play as one of three new races: the battle-hardened Orcs, the brutal Yetis, and the unstoppable Whitehooves. Discover their stories, their pains, their hopes… and their awesome racial powers!
* Risk your life in over 20 unique zones! Explore the ruins of a lost city, lay siege to the Sunwall forces at the Gates of Morning, and raid the Steam Giants’ mining quarry – each has its own unique foes and hazards, leading each to feel and play different from the others.
* Play as one of the three new tinker classes: Gunslingers, Sawbutchers, and Psyshots! Crush and rend your foes with heavy metal, electrocute and immolate them with your gadgets, charge across the battlefield or nimbly strafe in style – each plays differently, and none provide any shortage of ways to slay your foes.
Tales of Maj’Eyal: Ashes of Urh’Rok
* Start with a new class, the Doombringer! These avatars of demonic destruction charge into battle with massive two-handed weapons, cutting swaths of firey devastation through hordes of opponents. Armed with flame magic and demonic strength, they delight in fighting against overwhelming odds, softening up the crowd with waves of fire, then feeding on the flames and suffering of their surroundings to stay alive while quickly reducing any group to a pile of ash and gore.
* Unlock a new class, the Demonologist, with an all-new item enhancement mechanic! Bearing a shield and the magic of the Spellblaze itself, these melee-fighting casters can grow demonic seeds from their fallen enemies. Imbue these seeds onto your items to gain a wide array of new talents and passive benefits, and summon the demons within them to fight on your side! Ever looked at a gigantic demon-cursed minotaur and wished it was on your side for once? Well, now you CAN summon one to pound your foes into paste while you cast devastating spells from afar, or call forth a squad of Fire Imps to pelt your enemies to death while they exhaust themselves on your impenetrable defenses! Demons have persistent health, making them a little more precious than disposable necromancer skeletons or summoner beasts, but can be revived from death nonetheless.
* Two new zones, with all-new art, foes, and bosses! You’ve seen the plains of the Fearscape before, now see the lairs and headquarters of the demons themselves!
Looking for the individual games?