Created by two friends during the Asylum Jam 2015 but completed after the 48 hours deadline, Lives Out is a proof of concept for a side-scrolling story-telling game featuring retro-pixels, with emphasis on ambience and scene setting.
We recommend to play it in a dark room with headphones.
Feel free to leave us a message, we’d love to know if in your opinion this sort of game and story should be continued.
Thank you for playing!
– Use left or right keys to move the character on screen
– Use Space to trigger actions or dialogues
– Use Enter, Escape and arrow keys to browse options in menus
– Stable version on Windows 7 (at long last)
– Maintain consistent controls even when triggering an action and walking at the same time
– Make some short speeches unattended (torch and crowbar)
– Widen the ending detection area so that the game can always be completed when reaching the station
– Load story data from resources file in binary form to avoid a crash on all Windows systems (the game still crashed on Windows 7 for instance)
– Allow the player to complete the game without picking up the torch
– Bugfix : the game randomly crashed on start (Windows only) – tested successfully on Windows 10 only